Friday, June 29, 2012

First Post.....I guess.....

It's Friday, Friday, like that song about Friday.....and already this blog is off to a bad start.

Ahem. Well I'm just messing around with this "Blogger" site. I did try to start a blog over a year ago, but it was more of a personal, albeit "private" nature. But when I got an Android phone, somehow whatever I posted, including pictures, were instantly downloaded to my phone. I guess it was something to do with my Google account being linked to the particular blog. And with the introduction of Google+, I deleted the entire blog, and moved some of its posts to a different blogging site.....of which I can't remember where.

As for this blog, well, I guess you can call it one part something to mess around with (due to boredom and a lack of interesting hobbies), and another part an experiment. Years ago, in the days of MySpace versus Bebo, I was in college studying Journalism. I guess I chose it because I actually liked to write, mainly features, opinions, and short stories, which I also did a bit of when I was in school. I even wrote a few entries in the blog features of the aforementioned social networking sites, which I was complemented on by people at the time, for whatever reason.

But due to an unfortunate chain of events in my life towards the end of my college course (which I won't go into), I developed what I could call a severe case of "writers block". Hence I've never had the drive nor the motivation to write about anything, no matter what inspiration I may find. I've been meaning to take up a creative writing class to see if I can jumpstart my passion for writing again. But right now, it has been put on the backburner for a variety of reasons; most of them just out of self inflicted laziness, but right now I'm concentrating on learning how to drive, and one or two things in my life that I'm trying to sort out. One of which includes efforts to leave the country for a year, which fell apart a few weeks ago, and I haven't had the chance to formulate a "Plan B" (again, a combination of bullshit and genuine reasons).

So if I never get around to going for that creative writing class, or reading that book I bought in Easons last year, I may as well do something. Hence the creation of this blog. And I remember reading somewhere that when you create a blog, you are meant to think of what type of blog it is, what content to use, structure, layout, tone, and all that crap. But honestly, I'm clueless as to what I will be writing about in future. Hell, I don't even know what I'm writing about right now (and this is the fourth paragraph, go figure).

While I do wish to stray away from the whole "dear diary" type of writing, as even my own life bores me to tears, I guess this first entry will give you some sort of an idea as to the type of person the author is. And if this is not enough for you to form an opinion, well.....there's always the next blog entry.

But I do have one idea for my blog entries. At the end of whatever crap I write, I will just post a random video from YouTube, whether it has any relevance to the preceding text, or just an insight into what I find funny, interesting, or more than likely, show off my questionable taste in music.....which I assure you does not include Rebecca Black.


No comments:

Post a Comment